Monday 23 August 2010

Hi all

Seems a bit odd talking about 'must meet before Christmas' in August but that's how bad we are, I guess! Yes, I'd love to meet up again soon and a take-away certainly sounds fine by me!

Updates from the Surrey chapter:
Lauren was very pleased with her 2nd Yr results and I think she's looking forward to cracking on with the really interesting stuff in her final year. She's off to Bestival on the IoW soon so that will be a weekend of music, drinking and not washing )-: In fact, it is worth following the link above just for the really cool website.

Elena has been inundated with 'results' just recently. She got really good grades with her 1st yr A-levels (AS) AND passed her driving test AND her grade 8 sax exam. I don't know if you recall a short animation I posted that Ellie made, but she submitted it for a competition for 'Commonwealth young film makers' and it got shortlisted for the top 3 in her age group (under 18), so it's all happening!

Meanwhile we all got back last week from a week in Mallorca (4 of us plus 2 boyfriends!) and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Lastly, I finally got the OK to put some more fish in my 'new' tank. For those of you into that sort of thing (!) we've got Blue Gouramis, Cardinal Tetras and Harlequins.

1 comment: