Sunday 27 March 2011

Carshalton update

Just a quick update from the Surrey chapter. I've been pretty busy at work with two big departments coming onto our main laboratory computer system (the one I help look after) so I've been pretty tied up with that. The downside is that we've all been putting off our annual leave while we got ready for that and now the support team are rushing to 'use it or lose it' before the end of the financial year. The upshot is I've got the whole of next week off work (-;
Caroline has been very busy as well putting in lots of hours so she's got the same week off. We'll probably just do a few day trips (maybe Brighton tomorrow) and then pop down to Bristol to pick up Lauren for her Easter break.
On the subject of Lauren, she's coming to the end of her 3rd Year now, so the next worry is 'what next'? She's been looking at some research posts, possibly even a PhD but it's all a bit up the air a.t.m.
Ellie is still waiting on replies on the last couple of Uni interviews so it's matter of nervously watching the door mat and the 'inbox' over the next week or so!
I don't *think* I mentioned it here but my bike was stolen from work a month or so ago but it was insured at least and after a bit of fiddling about I got my new bike two weeks ago. All very nice!

No comments: