Saturday 1 September 2007

Back from Kernow

We just had a great week away in Cornwall in an apartment near St Austell with Jenny, Caroline's mum. A very relaxing time was had by one and all, to the extent that the camera didn't come out too often. Despite the 'long-range' forecast being very pessimistic, the weather wasn't too bad, really. We managed to get to the beach most days and topped up the tan! We went up to the north coast to Wadebridge where the girls walked along the Camel Trail to Padstow.
Camel Trail Map
I got this picture from the website of one of the cycle hire shops in the Wadebridge. While the rest of the party all set off on the 5 mile hike towards Padstow and pasties, I hired a bike and went in the opposite direction! The whole trail is around 17 miles so when I got up to the (newly extended) end ...
Northern end of the Camel trail - Wenfordbridge
... I just turned around and went back to meet up with everyone back at 'Padstein' (as I believe it is now called after Rick Stein took over just about everything!). Of course, the car was still at Wadebridge so I cycled back to get it and pick up everyone else in Padstow. So I ended up doing the whole trail twice - oh well, that'll make up for mot commuting for a week!

Of course, Ruth should be in her new abode by now. Evidentally, they haven't got the 'ole internet fully functional yet, but I hope it all went OK.

No comments: