Sunday 6 June 2010

Geek Meet

Got back at lunchtime today from the annual UK Games Expo in Birmingham. This is now my 3rd time of going (it's only been running for 4!) and again had a really good time. It's a trade show and board gaming meetup combined that runs over 3 days (2 nights) - I went for the Saturday day/evening, stopped overnight and came away first thing.
The show was great, managing to restrict myself to only a couple of purchases and got to play quite a few new, soon-to-be-released games. I met with some people from the game club I go to and also hooked up with 2 separate groups who I've met from previous years. This meant I had no shortage of willing and friendly opponents and eventually gave up at around 1 a.m. still leaving a surprisingly large number of folks still soldiering on!
I even met a really nice fellow gamer, Beth (who is also an illustrator) who did this terrific personalised cartoon for me!

Already planning next year's visit!

No comments: